Are you worried because you just got a hickey and you do not know how to get rid of it quickly? Explore plenty of ways of getting rid of a hickey in this post. Learn how remove a hickey using a Coin, Spoon, Chapstick or a Comp. Can you also use a Lipstick cap or Pen cap to get rid of a hickey fast? Read on to get more facts, including how you can get rid of a hickey using an eraser, a battery or a credit card. You will also find other ways of dealing with a hickey instead of getting rid of it.
Summary of Page Contents
- Why Would You Need to Get Rid of a Hickey?
- How to Get Rid of a Hickey with a Coin (Penny)
- How to Get Rid of a Hickey with a Spoon
- How do you Get Rid of a Hickey with a Bottle
- How to Get Rid of a Hickey with Chapstick
- How to Get Rid of a Hickey with a Lipstick Cap or Pen Cap
- Can you Get Rid of a Hickey with a Comp?
- How to Get Rid of a Hickey with an Eraser
- How to Get Rid of a Hickey with Ice
- How Do You Get Rid of a Hickey with Battery
- Can you Get Rid of a Hickey with Credit Card?
- Are There Other Ways of Dealing with a Hickey?
- Our Sources and References
Why Would You Need to Get Rid of a Hickey?
A hickey, which is also termed a hickie or a love mark or still a kiss mark, is a bruise that arises from aggressive kissing of or gentle love bite. Often, a hickey is a sensitive issue because it touches on romance. Naturally, romantic activities are supposed to be private! However having a hickey is silently communicating that you recently had nice time with your lover.
Of course, it is not wrong to be in love and engage in romantic activities. Nevertheless, letting everyone know that would be embarrassing to you. It is almost like making private matters public. Understandably, this might elicit giggling and gossiping at your expense.
So what do you do with the hickey? Your day to day activities has to continue. Apparently you cannot avoid people, especially your friends or parents. Look for a way of getting rid of the hickey fast and set yourself free from undesirable attention and be at ease. This post provides a number of ways you could use to remove of a hickey quickly.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey with a Coin (Penny)
A coin may be special used to give a massaging effect to a hickey. This results in the disintegration and dispersion of the coagulated blood under the hickey. As a result, the appearance of the hickey fast fades significantly.
This method of using a coin to get rid of a hickey may be slightly painful because of the way it is carried out. However, it is relatively more effective than other similar methods.
To make the procedure less painful, first make the hickey area numb with ice cube. Wrap the ice cube in a piece of cotton fabric and press it on the hickey for about 10 minutes. Pat the hickey are dry and follow the procedure below. Note that you can always start by making the hickey are numb this way for any other procedure that you may find painful.
- Stretch the area of the skin that is affected by the hickey.
- Hold a coin at an angle.
- Gently scratch the affected area with the ridge of the coin outwardly repeatedly.
- Continue scratching for about 5 minutes
- Repeat this procedure three times a day at equal intervals for about 2 days or until the hickey to fade away significantly or completely.
Note: You need to scratch strongly enough to get results. However, do not apply too much pressure on the coin as you scratch. This may cause injuries to your skin and cause more leakage of the blood from the capillaries to the tissues under the skin.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey with a Spoon
You may find using an ice cube to give a cold massage too cold for your skin. Instead of using ice, you can use ice frozen spoon to get the same results. The advantage of a spoon over ice cubes is that it is not too cold. Besides, it does not wet your skin with water as ice cubes would. Hence, a cold spoon is more convenient to use than ice cubes.
- Put the spoon in ice cold water for about 5 minutes to make it very cold
- Remove the spoon from the water and pat it dry with a towel
- Use the bulge side of the spoon to gently rub the hickey sideways
- Continue rubbing the hickey for about 5 minutes
- Repeat the procedure in about three times a day for about two days or until the hickey disappears considerably.
How do you Get Rid of a Hickey with a Bottle
This method is more or less the same as warm compress. In this method, a hot water bottle is rolled on the hickey several times. The rolling of the bottle produces a warm massaging effect. This helps disperse the clotted blood and increase blood circulation in the area. Hence the redness of the will disappear faster.
Precaution: Make sure that the bottle is not too hot to burn you and worsen the situation.
- Add hot water to a glass bottle and replace the bottle top.
- Roll the hot water bottle on the hickey area of for 10-20 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure thrice a day for about two days.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey with Chapstick
If you don’t know how to get rid of a hickey with chapstick, learn it here. Use of a chapstick is a method that actually works. With this method, you can get rid of the hickey in a day or two days.
- Take the cap off of the Chapstick. The cap is what you shall use to treat the hickey.
- Put the cap right on the hickey and press hard on the cap. Do not apply too much pressure to worsen the situation.
- Twist the cap such that your skin goes round it. You can twist to half or one turn.
- Hold it in position for ten to twenty seconds and then release. Repeat this procedure many times for about ten minutes.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey with a Lipstick Cap or Pen Cap
You can also use a lipstick cap, pen cap or any small cylindrical object to massage the hickey out of your skin. This method makes blood clot scatter quickly. It also increases circulation around the hickey. This makes the hickey to disappear from your skin faster.
- Get a lipstick cap, pen cap, or any suitable small cylindrical object.
- Press the cap on the hickey as you twist it such that your roll on it.
- Hold it in this position for about 10 minutes before releasing it.
- Repeat this procedure two to three times.
Note: Make sure you don’t hurt yourself with too much pressure on the lipstick or pen cap.
Can you Get Rid of a Hickey with a Comp?
Another excellent way to get rid of a hickey fast is to rub it with a comp of hair brush. This breaks down the clotted blood in the hickey. Besides, the rubbing pushes the blood way from the hickey, Making if fade away fast.
- Rub the bristles of the comp on the hickey firmly but not too much to break the skin.
- Continue rubbing the hickey in circular motion for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Do this a number of times at intervals of about 3 hours in a day
- You may need to repeat the procedure for 2 or 3 days for the hickey to disappear completely.
Note: You may need to make the hickey are numb with an ice cube first before the procedure if you find it painful.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey with an Eraser
Use an eraser also works well. An eraser is preferred to use of other items such as a coin, a comp or a scratch card because it is much less painful. So, use an eraser if you think that the other items will be too painful for you. Basically, an eraser does the same job as the other items but it is much gentler. Besides, you are unlikely to hurt yourself, given the elastic and soft nature of an eraser.
- Put one end of the eraser on your hickey.
- Firmly rub it on the hickey continuously in circular motion.
- Continue rubbing for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure severally within a day.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey with Ice
This is a recommendable method of removing a hickey. For one thing, it is very effect and for another, it is much less painful. As you know, the ice cube make the hickey are numb and hence less painful.
- Wrap an ice cube in a face towel or any other small material.
- Press the ice cube on the hickey.
- Continuously rub in circles while pressing it firmly on the hickey.
- Continue rubbing it for about 5 to 10 minutes to get god the results.
- Repeat this procedure several times in a day for about 2 to 3 days.
How Do You Get Rid of a Hickey with Battery
A battery or a dry cell can is also used to get rid of a hickey. Although the hickey may not immediately heal completely, it will fade away and disappear faster. For best results, follow the following steps.
- Get a dry cell. The average one (AA size). The bigger sizes may also be used although they may be difficult to handle.
- Determine the negative end. It is the flat end usually with a small dent at the center.
- Hold the battery by its middle without touching the positive end.
- Stretch you’re the hickey area with the other hand and rub it firmly in a circular motion.
- Continue rubbing for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the area begins to turn pinkish.
- Stop and wait for a few minutes for the pink color to disappear. The hickey will have faded significantly.
- You may repeat the whole procedure twice a day for about two days to have the hickey disappear completely.
Can you Get Rid of a Hickey with Credit Card?
A credit card or scratch card may be used to remove a hickey. This method would be ideal if you were in a place and you would like to get home without the hickey. Probably, you fear that your wife or your husband may want an explanation for the hickey. Unfortunately, the only item that can be used to remove the hickey with you have is a scratch card. Use the scratch card.
- Hold the credit at an angle with one hand.
- Stretch the hickey skin with the other hand.
- Firmly scratch the hickey from the center outwardly with the edge of the credit card.
- Continue scratching this way for about 5 to 10 minutes or a bit more minutes.
Caution: Do not scratch too firmly as to break the skin and make the hickey worse.
The hickey will fade away significantly fade away. The scratching disintegrates the blood clot under the skin. Furthermore. Scratching outwardly drives some of the blood away from the hickey, making it fade.
Are There Other Ways of Dealing with a Hickey?
A hickey will naturally fade away in about 5 to 12 days. However, a number of factors may influence how long your hickey will last. Nevertheless, it may be necessary to see your healthcare provider if your hickey does not fade away after two weeks, just to be sure that there are no other health issues.
If you do not find a suitable method for you to remove your hickey in this post, You can also try using peppermint, banana peel, mustard, turmeric, parsley, aloe vera, potatoes, pineapple, oranges and others. Other effective methods of getting rid of a hickey include use of warm or cold compress, finger massage, toothbrush, baking soda, aspirin and others.
Instead of removing the hickey, you should not panic. In fact, there are many other ways of dealing with a hickey. You could also look for excuses to explain your hickey. Yes. Just explain your hickey so that no one knows it is actually a hickey. Alternatively, you can acquaint yourself with how to hide a hickey and hide it until it disappears own its own.
Finally, in case you have any other useful way of getting rid of a hickey, or just a comment, do not hesitate to share it in the comment form below. We shall be very grateful to also learn other ways of getting rid of a hickey.
Our Sources and References
- How to get rid of hickies fast: http://wikihomeremedies.com/how-to-get-rid-of-hickies
- How to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast: https://54health.com/how-to/get-rid-of-hickey-fast
- How to get rid of a hickey: http://www.homeremediesvip.com/2016/02/how-to-get-rid-of-hickies-fast.html
- Hickeys? Erase Them Away! http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4454
- Hickey Removal Tricks, Meaning, and How Long Does a Hickey Last? http://www.beautyhealthplus.org/2016/06/hickey-removal-meaning-how-long-hickeys-last.html